Monday, May 29, 2006

It's only a paper moon.

My thoughts linger nostalgically to my old days of silicone boobs, 14-dollar drinks in preppy-trendy places, the "by the pool" business and I'm telling you, all year round by the pool is unbeatable business, I once did my birthday party by the pool, it didn't work out quite right but anyways, you gotta be with the "in-crowd". The fantastic "2-for-1 night" all week long, if you know where to go, you know what I'm saying. The board walks, the dog walks, the power yoga, the eat-as-much-as-you-can king crab all seafood fresh from the pier buffets. The light mayo, light butter, egg beaters, the "90% natural cheese" cheese, all protein, no transfatty acids and no white flour, no sugar added, organic guaranteed, delicious one-meal shakes. The harassment-free, no questions asked, satisfaction or your money back, this call might be recorded for your own safety and please come back again we appreciate your business. The thousands of passwords and safety questions, mother's maiden name, dog's breed and credit cards with your photo. I miss it. And the whipped butter. And my light yogurt with real fruit. And the parking lot and the meters outside the movie theatre, the boardwalk and any road and the parking meter card "25 $ of tranquillity parking". Paper or plastic supermakets, over the counter 2-story drugstores with anything you could ever need in the case of diarrhea, unsafe sex and bad breath. The one million diet sodas and the large variety of peanut butter, mascara and aspirins. Ooh, don't let me forget about the always useful wax filled electric hair rollers. Really rocking. Do you get it? I miss my shower radio.

No comments: